Latest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: 10 pilgrims dead, several missing as heavy rains disrupt Manimahesh Yatra in Himachal’s Chamba – World News Network
Share
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > 10 pilgrims dead, several missing as heavy rains disrupt Manimahesh Yatra in Himachal’s Chamba – World News Network
National

10 pilgrims dead, several missing as heavy rains disrupt Manimahesh Yatra in Himachal’s Chamba – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 30, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
SHARE

Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) [India], August 30 (ANI): At least 10 pilgrims have lost their lives, four are still missing, and seven others have been injured as the annual Manimahesh Yatra in Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district faces severe disruption this year, officials said on Saturday.
Heavy rains, landslides, and adverse weather conditions have wreaked havoc on the pilgrimage, according to the State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA).
Speaking to the media in Shimla, DC Rana, Special Secretary to the Himachal Pradesh State Disaster Management Authority, said the injured have been admitted to nearby hospitals, while State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and local mountain rescue teams are continuing the search for the missing pilgrims.
“Continuous rainfall and landslides had blocked the road link between Bharmour and Chamba, leaving pilgrims stranded along higher trekking routes and near streams. Once the weather cleared, rescue teams launched extensive operations to bring the pilgrims to safety. So far, about 6,000 pilgrims have been rescued and shifted to Chamba,” Rana said.
Helicopter sorties were deployed to evacuate sick and physically weak pilgrims, with several undergoing treatment at Chamba Medical College.
Rana said that the Chamba-Pathankot highway has been restored, and mobile connectivity has been partially restored; however, the Chamba-Bharmour route still faces multiple landslide blockages.
“Local administration has used buses where roads are open, and in areas where roads remain blocked, pilgrims have been guided out through foot tracks,” he added.
On the yatra route, food and shelter arrangements have been ensured through langar committees, local eateries and police assistance, while additional RTRF teams have been sent to evacuate those stranded on foot trails.
Rana said that so far this year, 164 people have died in rain-related disasters across Himachal Pradesh, with 40 still missing. Separately, 153 people have lost their lives in road accidents. “Most of the deaths during the Manimahesh Yatra were due to oxygen deficiency and hypothermia,” he said.
Between August 24 and 26, heavy rainfall caused widespread damage in Chamba, Kangra and Lahaul-Spiti districts. The SDMA has pegged the total losses in the state at about Rs 2,700 crore.
Traditionally, the yatra will officially conclude by tomorrow. Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu is visiting the affected areas to oversee relief operations. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by
Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article “Insult to mandate of the people of country”: Jagdambika Pal over “abuses” hurled against PM Modi – World News Network
Next Article Need to thwart Centre’s attempt to change Constitution: Telangana CM Revanth Reddy – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Editor's Pick

Top Writers

Oponion

You Might Also Like

“Govt working on war footing to resolve issue”: Ajit Pawar on Maratha quota row – World News Network

Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar assured that the government is working on a "war footing" to resolve the issue…

3 Min Read

Delhi: Two more of Nandu-Venkat Garg gang arrested after encounter linked to Chhawla firing case – World News Network

Delhi Police's Special Cell has apprehended two more members of the Kapil Sangwan alias Nandu-Venkat Garg gang after a brief…

5 Min Read

PM Modi on Mann ki Baat: Digital Platform ‘Pratibha Setu’ for UPSC aspirants missing final list – World News Network

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in the 125th episode of Mann Ki Baat on Sunday, announced the launch of a new…

3 Min Read

PM Modi-Xi Jinping talks: Congress rakes up Galwan, China’s support to Pakistan, says “Despite nefarious actions…” – World News Network

In a post on social media X, INC highlighted the actions taken by China against India, which included killing 20…

5 Min Read
Latest World News Update
Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?